Due to the sheer volume of anime and manga produced in Japan every year and the large number of characters appearing in these series, it’s certainly not uncommon for a lot of anime and manga characters to wind up sharing the same first or last name – especially when it comes to names relatively common in the real world. But when you stop and consider (1) the relatively short time period in which Sailor Moon and Neon Genesis Evangelion took place and (2) just how uncommon a name like Rei is in the first place, it’s a little harder to write it off as pure coincidence. So what exactly is the connection between the two?
Don't Miss a Post!
- How Much Money Does a Manga Artist Make?
- Is Grave of the Fireflies Based on a True Story?
- Was Rei Ayanami of Evangelion Named After Sailor Moon's Rei Hino?
- List of Articles
- Is Ranma and Akane's Engagement Legally Binding?
- How Much Do Anime Episodes Cost to Produce?
- Why Does Naruto Run With His Arms Out?
Looking For Something?