While one may be the “loneliest number that you’ll ever do,”1 for anyone who has watched a substantial amount of anime, ready even a few manga in passing, or played more than a couple Japanese-made games, you’ll be more than a little familiar with the fixation on making anything with “zero” somewhere in its name overpowered and nearly unstoppable. But where exactly does this come from, and why is zero – literally meaning ‘nothing’ – viewed as better than any of the natural numbers? That’s what we’re going to look into today.
Don't Miss a Post!
- How Much Money Does a Manga Artist Make?
- When Did Beach Episodes Become an Anime Tradition?
- Is Grave of the Fireflies Based on a True Story?
- Why Does Naruto Run With His Arms Out?
- What's So Special About the Number Zero?
- Is Ranma and Akane's Engagement Legally Binding?
- How Much Do Anime Episodes Cost to Produce?
- Why Are There So Few Explosions in Detective Conan?
Looking For Something?